Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer (RT-C/HIF-EPH/00174)
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
Join our great Team from the UK as a Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer. We look forward to meet you, so apply quickly to become one of our first applicants.
The multidisciplinary project coordinator set up projects involving mainly electrical, mechanical and civil fields of expertise. He/she first proceeds to the procurement according to the ESA procedures and rules:
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed in coordination with the users (laboratories and/or test centre).
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the contract department of ESA.
- Support to evaluation of the bids and negotiation with the recommended contractor.
- The project coordinator shall the be responsible for the implementation phase:
- Organisation, monitoring and follow-up of the work.
- Cost control of the projects according to ESA budgets.
- Delivery of the project according to ESA Acceptance Procedures.
- He/she provides ESA warnings of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan as prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operation on site.
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractor companies on site, and assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels.
- Provision of support for the project management related to the Facilities Management domain:
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed.
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the procurement/contract team in ESA.
- Support to the bid evaluation and negotiation.
- Technical, Financial and timeline monitoring of the implementation phase.
- Active support to the investigation and analysis of technical failures, identification of corresponding technical solutions and participation to the quality control of the implemented remedial actions.
- Support to roll-out of the ECSAT CIFM database and upkeep of the data.
- Ad-hoc support to ECSAT Site Manager.
- Master Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in building infrastructure and facility management.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation in the UK.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, team spirit, with a real capability and willingness to learn and work in an international environment.
- An excellent command of the English language is required, as well as good knowledge of MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Project and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work with the CIFM based on Archibus software is considered an asset.
- Experience of ESA tender rules and procedures is considered an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies