Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Development, operation and maintenance of the Time and Frequency laboratory in ESTEC and its associated analysis/simulation tools.
- Development of test beds and software tools for the control and performance characterization of Time and Frequency equipment such as atomic clocks, timing references, oscillators, time and frequency transfer, etc.
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of Time and Frequency equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks After an initial period of training, you will also be tasked to:
- Develop test beds for the characterization of spaceborne RF equipment for GNSS, Telecom, Earth Observation and Science missions
- Provide technical support to ESA Projects and R&D activities in the area of timing, synchronisation and development of time and frequency equipment
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- University Master’s degree in Physics, Microwave, Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of time and frequency systems/sub-systems, e.g. in timing laboratories
• Solid knowledge of time and frequency equipment, components and technologies.
• Good interpersonal skills, customer focus and ability to work autonomously
• Experience in testing of RF equipment and/or RF Payloads is considered an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies