Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer (RT-C/TEC-EFE/00664)
Do you have several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment and RF payloads in Space sector? You could be our new Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments;
- Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Development of test beds and characterization of RF Equipment/Payloads, such as:
- Time & frequency equipment e.g. clocks, oscillators, control units, frequency converters;
- RF active equipment e.g. high power amplifier, low noise amplifier, MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules;
- RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices;
- RF Payloads for GNSS, Telecom, EO or Science applications;
- Microwave and mm-wave test beds;o Life- and TVAC test beds.
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master or PhD in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication engineering;
- Good background on development of RF equipment and technologies for space applications;
- Several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment and RF payloads for space applications;
- Project skills and management of R&D contracts.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies