Microsoft SQL Server DBA - Classified Networks Operation Center
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Our client is the European agency that helps carrying out the common foreign and security policies and that acts as the diplomatic service of the EU. Its Classified Information Systems are supported by a Networks Operations Centre (NOC) fully managed by Serco. This is an element of great pride for our company that sees its professionalism rewarded with the confidence that our client places again in us for 7 extra years. With the NOC 2.0 program, the Classified NOC enters a phase of growth and will see its prerogatives reinforced. Serco and the client have big ambitions: the NOC will become the central service for the support of EU classified communications.
The existing team already brings together many experts coming from all over Europe but we are still looking for a Microsoft SQL Server DBA and a number of other specialists:
- Senior System Administrator VMware > https://careershub.serco.eu/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=4236#0
- System Administrator Citrix > https://careershub.serco.eu/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=4232#0
- Email Systems Administrator > https://careershub.serco.eu/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=4214#0
- Active Directory Administrator > https://careershub.serco.eu/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=4226#0
- Network Security Engineer > https://careershub.serco.eu/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=4480#0
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing and coordinating a variety of DB administration duties.
The Ideal Candidate
Ensuring that our client's information is secure is of paramount importance to us and you will have to undergo a thorough security investigation once that you have been selected. Failure to obtain a EU Secret Security Clearance will terminate your contract. Any action that jeopardizes security or confidentiality will be considered a serious fault and will not be tolerated.
Hence the high security requirements, holding a valid EU/NATO Secret Security Clearance is seen as an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field
- Experience serving in the capacity of a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016 database technologies, database administration techniques database management tools for backups, recovery, snapshot management, sharding, partitioning and archival and experience with database performance and tuning techniques.
- Hold a MCSA SQL certification.
- Experience with data migration strategies, moving large scale production systems either in on-premise / data center environments and deep query troubleshooting such as isolating blocks of poor performing SQL, determining root cause, and developing remediation actions and data center network topologies, enterprise security and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ITIL (change management, incident)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer / management, and enterprise database performance
- Deep expertise in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in IT technology space and strong experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
If you are selected for this role, we can offer you the following:
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary
- A company car with fuel card - monthly bonus if car not taken
- A monthly representation allowance of 145 EUR net
- A hospitalization and group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Various trainings
- Internal mobility
- International relocation support (if applicable)
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies