Mechanical AIV Engineer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Mechanical AIV Engineer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As Mechanical AIV Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Provide technical support for preparation, implementation and
evaluation of AIT and AIV activities on assigned Project(s), in close
cooperation with AIV/AIT Manager and Project team
- Ensure active monitoring and support to industrial AIT activities,
including problems troubleshooting and resolution
- Perform AIT schedule assessment, analysing associated risks and
potential work-around, providing early warnings on major problem areas
and ensuring that appropriate mitigation actions are identified and implemented
- Provide support to preparation, organisation and execution of environmental test campaigns and launch campaigns
- Support AIT reviews (DRBs, IRRs, TRRs, PTRs, NCRs, TRBs, etc.)
- Participate to Project(s) reviews (PDR, CDR, QAR, FAR, LTS, etc.)
- Support feasibility studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility
at ESTEC, specifically with respect to 'AIV, AIT and Programmatics' domain
- Act as team player within assigned Project(s) and TEC Section, contributing to knowledge transfer across the Agency
- Availability to support missions abroad is required, in line with needs of
the assigned Project(s); along limited periods, on-call support in 24/7 shift with other team members might be required during the test campaign such as TVAC.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Minimum 10 years experience in space domain, with experience in
development and qualification of space hardware and sound knowledge
of satellite qualification and acceptance testing
- Proven experience with satellite system and/or payload AIT activities
preparation, implementation and evaluation, including relevant procedures and processes
- Experience in management and monitoring of industrial activities
- Knowledge and experience with GSE (MGSE/EGSE/FGSE/OGSE)
- Focus on system level activities and thermo-mechanical domain, experience with functional testing will be considered an asset
- Experience with payloads activities or satellite constellations
will be considered an asset
- Team spirit and teamwork experience in space related projects.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies