M&A Manager Europe
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support the Serco European Business in achieving ambitious growth through strategic mergers and acquisitions.
We’re looking for a M&A Manager Europe, to reinforce our great team in our Brussels office!
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As M&A Manager Europe you will be responsible for:
- An experienced Executive with full responsibility for leading M&A activity across Europe.
- High level of commercial acumen with ability to develop/architect/maintain an efficient commercial network.
- Perform research, monitor commercial business, suitable targets, conduct feasibility studies and develop business case scenarios.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and conduct company and industry competitive analysis
- Senior role with significant autonomy to manage the deal execution process from end to end. Including providing input to group/divisional strategy, target identification, financial evaluation, due diligence, deal negotiation through to completion and transition planning.
- Operates at senior level with direct exposure to / working closely with Executive Committee members at all levels
- Coordinate across functions to ensure transaction activity is aligned with Strategy, and is in compliance with corporate/legal governance
- Manage internal approval / governance process for investment proposals to the Investment Committee and plc Board of Directors
- Lead, manage and mentor due diligence project teams comprised of other senior colleagues from across the business from a transaction perspective through the deal execution process
- Negotiation of definitive transaction documentation of behalf of the company directly with principals and their advisers
- Execution of transactions with responsibility for project managing all aspects of the deals; including working with external bankers, lawyers and internal stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors (i.e. Investment Banks, Law Firms, Accounting Firms, Consultancy, etc.). Serve as a key point of contact for deal intake from external sources.
- Conduct technical valuation analysis including cost of capital calculations, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable companies analysis and EPS accretion/dilution analysis
- Development of Information Memorandums and marketing materials on disposals
- Contribute to building a pipeline of future acquisitions, joint ventures and disposals
- Assist in acquisition integration and post acquisition reviews
- Contribute to updating and refining the M&A policy and guidelines and developing M&A tools
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- 10 years of experience (5 years of M&A practice) in M&A/Corporate Finance, Corporate Strategy, Investment Banking or Top 4 Consultancy firm.
- Proven track record of successful execution with a representative “deal sheet” of completed transactions (both acquisitions and disposals) varying in size up to c. £100m in consideration
- Demonstrable strategic acumen, commercial & operational awareness along with strong negotiation/influencing skills at Exec level.
- Demonstrate high level contacts within a long established European commercial network.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with previous experience leading and managing direct reports, cross-functional teams and external advisory support
- Commercially astute self starter, with the ability to assume significant responsibility quickly
- Highly resilient and comfortable in rapidly changing environments
- Adept at stakeholder management and managing multiple priorities and projects
- Exceptional analytical and numerical skills
- Expert proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional qualifications i.e. MBA, ACA, CIMA, strongly preferred
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- New offices in a great location
- Companies event
- Hybrid work
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies