At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Consultant, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- Rapid assimilation of facts and capacity to comprehend complex circumstances;
- Provide tailored expert advice based on a complete understanding of the circumstances (external and internal factors) and an extensive and detailed knowledge of both the business and IT environment/domains;
- Recognized high level expertise in aspects of a particular IT domain or product to be specified at the time of conclusion of the relevant Specific Contract;
- Provide expertise, coaching and advice on high-level strategic direction & planning;
- Perform market assessments on suitable IT software/infrastructure/technology and provide objective, expert advice/recommendations in compliance with EASA architectural standards;
- Provide expert support on the establishment and follow-up of implementation roadmaps on one or more IT products, environments or domains;
- Provide IT expert advice on governance, working methods, implementation organisation & strategies and change management related to major IT projects or programmes;
- Produce IT strategic presentations or documents to different target groups (e.g. management or technical staff).
The Key Person should bring the following skills and experience:
- At minimum Master.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a role as an IT product or technology expert (Senior level).
- English at level C1 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills (Desirable):
- Besides in-depth knowledge of the domain, a good mix of administrative, technical, management and linguistic skills is essential;
- Problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Experience in multicultural organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to communicate in a succinct, clear and understandable manner;
- Able to summarize and present successfully key technical issues to the relevant stakeholders (developers, analysts, peers, management and business users) taking into consideration the background of the audience;
- Integrity & Professionalism;
- Ability to manage conflicts;
- Passion for achievement and full accountability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies