Do you have a 4 years working in a geology, geochemistry, or other relevant laboratory field? You could be our new Laboratory Technician. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Laboratory Technician you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Setup and calibration of analytical equipment.
- Prepare samples for analytical equipment
- Manage the loans and loan requests of samples within the ESA2C collection
- Characterize the new and existing analogues and simulants in the ESA2C collection
- General upkeep of the SACF. For instance, overseeing repairs and maintenance to the facility, procurement of laboratory consumables etc.
- Assist visitors to the SACF with the use of analytical equipment and access to the ESA2C collection
- Upkeep of the health and safety protocols including reviewing COSHH forms, risk assessments, and induction requirements
- Expand the ESA2C collection as part of the SACF’s simulant development activity
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Technical degree (BSc degree, Diploma, or equivalent in geology, geochemistry, analytical chemistry, or another relevant subject.
- Desired experience includes 4 years working in a geology, geochemistry, or other relevant laboratory, with preference for demonstrable experience using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF), and spectroscopic instruments (e.g. FTIR and Raman spectrometers)
- A desired asset is a history of handling and analysing datasets produced by such instruments, including familiarity with associated software (e.g. ImageJ, MatLab, Origin etc.)
- Outstanding structured and self-organising work attitude including attention to detail.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies