Junior System Administrator
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior System Administrator, based in Frascati (Italy).
The key person will be responsible for:
• Provide customers with ongoing application technical support. This support includes responding to customer issues, transferring to operations updated software that solves bug issues, performing installations and working with the customer service team
• Acquire and analyse customer needs and problems, making recommendations for new developing solutions
• Customer analysis to tune applications that respond to customer need
• Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions
• Management of service incidents, anomalies and issues troubleshooting
• Support testing and verification activities
• Support the maintenance, operation and transfer of the managed applications
• Provide innovative solutions to common problems
• Generate ideas for innovating managed applications
• Work with customer service and quality analysis teams to optimize products and ensure products stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the managed applications
• Regular interaction with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
• Application monitoring and alarm analysis
• Interface with third party suppliers
• Technical notes editing support
• Execute regular application maintenance activities
The key person should have:
• 2 years experience in validation and qualification activities
• 2 years experience in application support
• Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat, CentOS)
• Very Good Knowledge of Linux shell scripting
• Good Knowledge of Database Management Systems (oracle)
• Good Knowledge of Apache
• Good Knowledge of Tomcat
• Good Knowledge of JBoss
• Technical Certifications are an asset
• Fluent in English Language (both written and spoken) Preferable:
English Certification (≥ B1)
• Good communications skills
• Capacity of working in team
• Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
• Capacity of working under pressure
• Capacity of working under pressure
• Pro¬active problem solving attitude
• Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
• Willingness to travel abroad for short-term periods
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies