Junior Operations Engineer
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Operations Engineer, based in Frascati (Italy).
We are looking for a Operations Engineer for joining the Sentinels Data Hub Operations Team
The job holder will be part of the Sentinels Data Hub Team as Operations engineer. He/she will be involved in monitoring and maintaining the Sentinels Rolling Archive data dissemination Service.
Main tasks are:
- Support the review and/or preparation of the documentation relevant to the indexing and storage of the main products metadata in the DHuS archives scientifically meaningful to end-users.
- Support testing and verification activities.
- Execute regular maintenance activities.
- Support the configuration control and definition of the network interfaces.
- Execution of Transfer to Operations of service applications (e.g. DHuS).
- Real-time monitoring and control of the end-to-end product publication chains.
- Management of service incidents and anomalies.
- Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions.
- Linux Shell scripting for operational incidents management.
- Interfacing with other groups (software development teams, PDGS teams, Copernicus SCI team, Network and Security team).
- Support the update of web contents (e.g. user guides, news publication, service web portals)
- Support to the help desk for replying to operational engineering issues.
- Extraction of service statistics and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly Operational Reports and Service Performance Reports.
- IT Service Infrastructure housekeeping.
- Support On-call operational activities.
For this position the succesfsful candidate will bring:
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat)
- Good Knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Good Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
- Knowledge of Copernicus Data Access Project
- Good knowledge of French (written and spoken)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies