Junior IT Logistic Support Operator
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
For our customer, a prestigious European Institution in Brussels, we are seeking a Junior IT Logistic Support Operator.
- Preparing and packing of desktop and IT equipment
- IT Asset Management (computers, laptops, networking equipment, mobile devices, etc..) / Physical inventory and stock management
- Installing and connecting of desktop and IT equipment
- Providing 1st and 2nd Line IT Support to end-users
- Ensuring correct administrative/inventory follow-up
- Capacity to organise delivery schedules
- Quality control of incoming IT material versus orders
- Provide assistance in the elaboration of workload planning
- Analysis of simple user requests in the domain of RFC
- Assistant in the logistical process of order follow-up and receipt
- Decommissioning activities
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Very good knowledge and skills in MS Windows operating system and MS Office applications
- Previous experience in IT inventory and stock management
- Expert in the logistical process of goods and services
- Advanced knowledge in planning optimisation
- Highly autonomous and IT skilled in business management tools
- Good knowledge of the IT consumer market products
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification would be strongly desirable
Language and communication skills:
- Fluent in English and French, written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
Start date: As soon as possible.
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies