Entry-level System Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Junior Engineer!
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
As Junior Engineer you will be responsible for:
You will be involved in engineering activities relevant to Copernicus, Destination Earth (DestinE) and Italian PNRR initiatives. The position allows to work on every aspect of System Engineering, such as software design, software validation, support to Operations Teams, Test automation, interface facilitation between Teams.
- Supporting the design and implementation of End-to-End solutions for operational systems, considering initial requirement analysis.
- Supporting corrective and evolutive maintenance activities, performing troubleshooting analyses and solving problems by implementing dedicated technical solutions;
- Supporting Integration, Validation and Verification (IVV) activities;
- Reviewing and updating technical documentation to streamline the flow of information from Development Team to Operations Team;
- Analysing and optimizing the configuration to improve the quality of the Service.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating System environment
- Working knowledge of shell scripting
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of container-based applications and Cloud environments
- Capability of writing technical documentation (e.g., Technical Notes, User Manuals, operational procedures)
- Interest in Copernicus and Destination Earth (DestinE) programs
- Strong communication skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies