Java, Drupal and ColdFusion Application Architect (2360, L2)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for an Application Architect with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Nature of tasks
- Architecture and design of information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- Deep knowledge in Java J2EE , configuration management and the design of secure web applications
- A very good knowledge of Java and Angular
- Very good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Very good knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
- Very good knowledge of Relational DBMS
- Very good knowledge of security best practices in web development
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture
- Good redaction skills.
- Ability to give technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Proven ability to integrate in an international/multicultural environment
- Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development of information systems with Java
- Minimum 2 years' experience with UML or CASE tools
- Very good experience with relational databases
- Very good experience with web application development
- Minimum 7 years' experience in architecture and design of information systems
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Java (both with J2SE and J2EE) with extensive use of design patterns;
- Minimum 4 years' experience in developing secure web applications
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Apache Maven or equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Object Oriented design patterns e.g. AspectOriented Programming (AOP);
- Minimum 4 years' experience in Testing Frameworks (JUnit, DbUnit, Spock, ...);
- Minimum 4 years' experience in relational databases (Oracle, MySQL..)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the development of graphical user interfaces
- Minimum 2 years' experience in other web Application frameworks (e.g. ZK, Spring)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in development of web services and/or other solutions for interoperability of information systems.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with JIRA and GIT would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to analyse complex documents
- Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
- Ability to work with imposed deadlines
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
- Fluent in English and/or French
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies