Java 1.8 Technology Expert and J2EE Architect (TEX, 2621, M5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Description of tasks
- Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices with IBM Framework, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, interoperability, etc.;
- Data analysis and data modelling;
- Development and maintenance of software applications;
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements;
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- Deep knowledge in the domain of Java Enterprise technology;
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills;
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
Required specific expertise:
- Java 1.8 technology and J2EE architectures;
- Java tools and frameworks: Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate, IntelliJ or Eclipse;
- IBM Case Manager and/or Filenet P8 platform and/or IBM Content Navigator and/or Dojo framework;
- Database design and SQL;
- Web services (WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.).
Expertise in the following domains would be an asset:
- Analysis of requirements, drafting of analysis deliverables, UML modelling, and prototyping;
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Front-end frameworks: Angular 2, JQuery, Bootstrap, Kendo or similar;
- Continuous integration: Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible, JUnit or similar.
- XML, XSLT, XPath, etc.;
- JMS and queues.
Working language is English. A very good command of the English language is mandatory.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies