Jason-CS Ground Stations and External Interfaces Operations Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have experience in in the operations preparation and routine operations of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and/or Geostationary (GEO) satellite systems? You could be our new Jason-CS Ground Stations and External Interfaces Operations Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Jason-CS Ground Stations and External Interfaces Operations Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Support the J-CS External Interfaces and Ground Station early phase and transition to operations activities
- Definition, co-ordination and running of Validation tests
- Validation of operational monitoring mechanisms
- Definition and maintenance of operations documentation such as procedures, operations guides, System Operations File (SOF), Reference Operations Plan (ROP), Contingency Operations Guide (COG), Operational Interface Control Documents (OICDs)
- Operational Interface Agreements (OIAs), etc. in accordance with the established EUMETSAT Operations Department configuration management and quality assurance practices
- Support to the J-CS commissioning for the Ground Stations and External Interfaces aspects
- Preparation of ground station reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the European Commission in the frame of the Copernicus Programme
- Participation in, and provide inputs to, technical meetings and formal reviews
- Coordinate activities with other Service Providers in TSS, OPS and PRD departments
- Processing and coordination of system and ground segment anomalies (in particular but not limited to ground stations), their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in Anomaly Review Boards
- Provision of training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other members of the Operations and Engineering Teams
- Assisting in day to day operations of current and future ground stations (including day-to-day planning, monitoring, first line anomaly investigations and generation of reports as necessary)
- As needed, participate in and provide inputs for GSEI team meetings, operations morning meetings, ECP Review Boards, scheduling meetings and planning meetings
- For future programmes, contribute to Ground Segment procurement(s) including the review of documentation and attendance to formal reviews as part of the procurement process
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- experience in the operations preparation and routine operations of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and/or Geostationary (GEO) satellite systems
- experience in supporting altimetry satellite missions and/or associated ground segments
- experience of document management and configuration control processes
- experience in defining user interfaces for operations (HMI, reports etc.)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies