JEE Application Architect (3240, M1)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for an Application Architect with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Architecture and design of information systems
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of component architecture and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Development and maintenance of information systems
- Development and integration of technological components
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Implementation of the technical architecture
- Production of software architecture documents and technical documentation
- Installation, deployment and configuration of information systems
- Follow-up of incidents related to information systems (3rd level support)
- Follow-up of bug reports
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Education and technical expertise
- Good knowledge of applications design
- Good knowledge of modelling tools
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good redaction skills
- Ability to give technical presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment
Candidates must have:
- at least 5 years working experience with Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- at least a well-balanced 5 years working experience in the development and conception of applications, and in particular in the following items:
- Java Enterprise (JEE), Spring Framework or similar
- JPA, Hibernate or similar, JDBC, JMS
- Application servers:
- Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Wildfly or similar
- Oracle RDBMS, PostgreSQL or similar DB engines
- PL/SQL or similar procedural languages
- Webservices: SOAP, REST
- XML standards: XSD, XSLT
- strong communication skills, including drafting skills and the ability to team work
- critical thinking
- dynamic, able to understand others points of view and elaborate on them to find common grounds
- ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
Knowledge in one of the following areas is an additional plus:
- Cloud, in particular design of cloud ready applications
- Apache Maven
- X.509 certificates
- The consultants have to be fluent in English. French is an asset.
- Documents will be written in English.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies