Internship - EU Recruitment Administrator - EU Institutions (Brussels)
Under the supervision of our Director, you will assist in providing support for the recruitment process, including reporting and on-boarding of new personnel, and project staff, and identification of candidates for inclusion in proposals or other new business submissions. You will also help to manage the documentation of the different staffing needs of our clients (EU institutions).
Initially you will experience a number of workplace sessions and technical trainings, these focus on workplace skills including: teamwork, communication and commercial awareness. Along with an induction to Serco Europe’s Recruitment team you will also gain an in depth understanding of the different Directorates-Generals and EU Agencies. We also operate a ‘Buddy’ system which means that from the first day you will assigned to an experienced Recruiter who will help you settle into life at Serco Europe, introduce you to your colleagues and ensure you are trained and capable of providing support to the Recruitment team.
Your progress will also be overseen by the Recruitment Director who will meet with you on your first day in the office together with the experienced recruiter to set your objectives and continuously monitor your progress over the three month term, they will also be responsible for your final review process.
Description of tasks:
- As a member of the European Recruitment Team, the Recruitment Administrator provides daily support to both Recruiters and Recruitment Director.
- He/she will support multiple projects in the recruitment portfolio both in the Technical and Non-Technical area.
- The duties include the performance of general administration and specific tasks for the projects.
- The specific tasks assigned to this duty mainly comprise the preparation of various types of formal project-related documents, such as the preparation of CV templates.
- Supporting the Recruiters by conducting first stage interviews via Skype/Telephone – screening candidates to assess suitability and motivation, whilst performing assessments to analyse potential risk.
- Record all information relating to the recruitment process and provide this information on request; update both candidate & customer information on the internal Recruitment platform and store / maintain template documents,
- Record Candidate and Customer communication on the internal Database system.
- Oversee performance reporting (Excel and Internal systems), ensuring accuracy of Data and producing monthly business performance reports via PowerPoint.
- Ensure the proper setup and follow up of Recruitment related meetings.
- The duty includes the proper capturing of important discussion items, preparation of minutes and follow up of any logistical arrangements and preparation of meetings.
- Manage travel internal external travel requirements via online platform + corporate travel agency.
- Any other additional tasks related to the projects or the overall management of the portfolio.
Formal Administrative/Business qualification or equivalent work experience to perform the tasks above.
Knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrable experience in an administration or Recruitment team within a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Ability to follow existing administrative procedures and understand the underlying processes, whilst continuously exploring opportunities for process improvement.
- Strong ability to modify/produce documents, ensuring they are accurately aligned to specific customer requirements.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, particularly comfortable conducting Skype / Telephone interviews to provide first stage assessment on applicant suitability (training provided).
- Ability to passionately discuss ‘life in Brussels’ to, sharing knowledge and experience from both a social and professional perspective.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office – particularly;
- PowerPoint produce engaging/professional presentations.
- Excel for accurate reporting (25% of overall duties so must be comfortable understanding/reporting data).
- Well organised to manage high volume workload and resilient to pressure.
- Excellent command of English with high level CREATIVE written ability.
- Excellent command of French and/or Dutch with written ability
- High level of attention to detail.
Any offer of internship is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and eligibility to an internship, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to gain valuable work experience while completing interesting and challenging work (better understanding of EU recruitment; knowledge of different IT professions & EU programs)
- An internship at the heart of the European District in Brussels
- Reimbursement of expenses: 300,00 EUR/month
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries - In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 200 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies