Intern - HR team
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a HR Intern, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
The objective of this 3 Months HR internship is to work closely with the HR Manager BeLux and Recruitment team to provide innovative ideas and put concrete action plans in place to improve HR processes related to the employee life cycle :
- Compiling and maintaining paper and digital employee records, including holiday and sickness leaves
- Implementation of the new training application
- Support on different HR projects
- Support on new well-being initiatives
- Employee onboarding improvement and “welcome packs” creation
- You will be a key member of the People team, helping us to champion our culture and employee experience
- You will also be assigned a mentor/buddy during your internship to assist you throughout your internship
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- University Degree at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in HR management, or similar.
- Ability to work autonomously, but with a good team spirit
- Attention to detail, affinity with figures and swift follow-up of actions
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Good level of understanding and application of legal texts in the area of HR
- Very good communication skills, in particular as regards the preparation of clear written correspondence in English, French or Dutch
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies