Serco is a partner of choice to the European Government Institutions, the European Space Agencies and the Belgium military, For the past 30 years, we have been providing a wide range of services including Information Technology, Facility Management, Engineering and Operations.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –To keep ahead we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services - Everyone in Serco has a role to play in this.
We currently have multiple positions available at the Belgium Naval site in Zeebrugge.
Serco Maritime Service, formally Clemaco – with 150 employees has been a partner of the Belgian Navy since 1964. Activities mainly take place at the naval base in Zeebrugge, where the teams take care of the maintenance of the ships of the Belgian army fleet, including minehunters. The company also works for the Dutch Navy and the Belgian police and customs. 90% of our annual turnover is generated by our assignment for the navy.
More information on Maritime Services (serco.com)
You will work within the ' Naval Maintenance ' department of Serco Maritime Service, we provide a total maintenance service for various types of naval vessels for the Belgian and Dutch Navy (Frigates, Mine Hunters and Patrol vessels).
You will have the opportunity to take care of a variety of maintenance and repair activities.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
We only accept applications from EU nationals.
Interim Manager’s key responsibilities:
- Get to know the teams and the customers
- Learn the business in depth: services, processes, the stake holders
- Analyse the as is situation
- Identify areas of potential optimisations in term of organisation and processes
- Realise a fit gap analysis in term of competences in order to be fit for future
- Support the operational and bid teams in elaborating the proposal
- Support the start-up of the new operations in case of award (January 2024)
- Lead the change process
- Industrial or Civil Engineer (electrical and/or mechanical), or Marine Engineer with experience of 5+ years in service delivery and people management.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- "Hands-on Leader / Doer"; results driven
- Experience in change management
- An experience with ship maintenance and/or Defence is a great asset
- Open to digital technologies
- Trilingual NL / FR / EN
- Office suite
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
We offer :
- A Temporary Employment Contract (from June to December 2023 in first instance. 6 month more in case of award.
- A competitive salary with growth opportunities.
- Meal voucher per day worked.
- Annual participation in Navy social events.
- Train ticket 100% reimbursed.
- Bicycle allowance - carpool scheme.
- Leave arrangement according to your own planning, with 20 leave days, 12 ADV days, extra paid holiday 11 July, seniority day after 5 years of service, 50+ day for employees older than 50 years. All this in a 38-hour week.
- Possibility of further training via the Flemish Training Leave.
- Company restaurant for lunch at a very democratic price.
- Sports facilities during the lunch break. (swimming, fitness, ...)
- Possibility of further opportunities within an international group
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies