Industrial Policy Officer - Guyana Space Centre - Netherlands - (RT-C/IPL-IPE/00091)
Do you have Industrial Policy and Economic analysis background in the Space sector?
Serco currently have employees working at the Guyana Space Centre. (CSG)
- Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Industrial Policy Officer you will be:
Supporting the Head of Section at ESA/ESTEC for Industrial Policy and Economic Analysis by addressing current entry barriers at the Guyana Space Centre (CSG) Kourou for new industrial players with the main objective of improving industrial competition for the CSG’s contracts. The work is done under a mandate from and in close coordination with the Directorate of Space Transportation.
Support the development of customised dedicated national methodologies adapted to each Member State in order to encourage and to improve response from European industry and feed the competitive tender processes regularly undertaken by the CSG for the procurement of their activities
- Support regular dialogue with ESA Delegations (and, if necessary, with other national institutions identified together with the Delegations) to identify industrial competences and companies with potential relevance to the CSG activities, also considering that several domains of CSG contracts are not specific to the space sector
- Contact/dialogue with the identified industry
- In addition to the classical Industry informative sessions provided through “CSG Industry Day(s)” organised by CNES and ESA, set up and manage further dedicated information and workshop days in Europe for industries in close cooperation with the CSG and the concerned Delegations to:
- exchange with industry on opportunities at CSG namely presenting the CSG and its facilities
- describe the extraordinary maintenance and Core Launch Range Renewal (CLRR) expenditures and activities planned, their associated characteristics, required expertise and financial estimations
- complement the information published on EMITS in the period 2020-2022 and beyond.
- Set up and manage a helpdesk to support industry (and in particular the new players) in responding to the CNES/ESA Invitation to Tenders
- Support networking between the potential new industrial players and the existing industrial ecosystem of suppliers in Guyana
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master Degree (University) in an engineering, business and administration or a relevant field.
- Proven ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment is expected.
- French language knowledge (reading and speaking) would be valuable advantage.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is considered an advantage, although it is not mandatory.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies