IT System Security Administrator
Are you fascinated about security standards and technologies? Do you have an IT background and have worked with security solutions and Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Symantec, etc.? You could be our new IT System Security Administrator . Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) based in Cologne, Germany.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract until 31/03/2021.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As IT System Security Administrator you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all servers, equipment and software related to security solutions and associated components;
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and IT Architects and the team to evaluate, design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operational environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, unit test, system test and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform, in close collaboration with the team, typical system administrative activities including daily performance monitoring, routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance, updating, controlling access permissions and privileges or issue troubleshooting and resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices, processes and enterprise standards;
- Security case follow up and resolution in collaboration with supplier support teams;
- Administer Second level and standby support;
- Administer End-Point Protection Solutions;
- Administer Data Encryption services;
- Administer E-mail security solutions;
- Administer Proxy/reverse proxy services;
- Administer PKI services;
- Administer Application layer firewalling.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Proven expertise in managing security solutions and components from the major vendors (Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Symantec, Microsoft, Open source…);
- Strong expertise in recent security standards and technologies;
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and implementing IDAM identity management solutions from different Vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle);
- Identity Governance and Administration (e.g. Saviynt), Single Sign-On, Provisioning Federated Identity, Multi-factor Authentication, Privileged Access Management, Password Management;
- Ability to work with Senior Technical and Operations staff in order to define a strategy for delivering Identity & Access services;
- Able to deliver a cohesive blueprint for delivery of Identity & Access Services to include technology options.
- Application security (e.g. Web Application Firewalls, HTTP/HTTPS traffic analysis in general -monitoring, alerting, debugging, analysis, security, interception);
- Common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly/federation authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML etc);
- Comprehensive ICT security background with focus on identity and access management (e.g. SSO, Identity Governance, Identity authentication and authorisation protocols, federation);
- Deep knowledge of tools such as F5 (with focus on APM);
- Data protection, cryptography, key management, network security, basic forensic;
- Security Application Delivery/Services tools (e.g. Nessus/SCAP based solutions, Windows ATP, SOAR, MFA);
- Experience in Container Security & Cloud Native Security tools and capabilities (e.g. Azure security based solutions preferable;
- Technical security management.
Additionally, a successful candidate should have sound experience in the security solutions offered by the below vendors (non-exhaustive list) and the following skills:
- Microsoft (e.g. Windows Defender ATP, Microsoft Azure)
- Palo Alto
- Ability to offer and present clear technical explanations in a user-friendly language on both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills combined with a disciplined approach to problem solving;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience in implementation of ITIL Best Practices
- Rapid self-starting capability and team player;
- English Language level: B2 or higher
- Educational qualifications: At minimum Bachelor
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
- Integrity & Professionalism
- Respect for Diversity
- Open Minded and committed to continuous learning
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies