IT System Security Administrator
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT System Security Administrator, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all servers, equipment and software related to security solutions and associated components;
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and IT Architects and the team to evaluate, design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operational environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, unit test, system test and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform, in close collaboration with the team, typical system administrative activities including daily performance monitoring, routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance, updating, controlling access permissions and privileges or issue troubleshooting and resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices, processes and enterprise standards;
- Security case follow up and resolution in collaboration with supplier support teams;
- Administer Second level and standby support;
- Administer End-Point Protection Solutions;
- Administer Data Encryption services;
- Administer E-mail security solutions;
- Administer Proxy/reverse proxy services;
- Administer PKI services;
- Administer Application layer firewalling.
The Key Person should bring the following skills and experience:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Proven expertise in managing security solutions and components from the major vendors (Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Symantec, Microsoft, Open source…);
- Strong expertise in recent security standards and technologies;
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and implementing IDAM identity management solutions from different Vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle);
- Identity Governance and Administration, Single Sign-On, Provisioning Federated Identity, Multi-factor Authentication, Privileged Access Management, Password Management;
- Ability to work with Senior Technical and Operations staff in order to define a strategy for delivering Identity & Access services;
- Able to deliver a cohesive blueprint for delivery of Identity & Access Services to include technology options.
- Minimum 7 years (Standard level) of professional experience in a role as an IT System Security Administrator.
- English at level B2 or equivalent.
General competencies and skills:
- Technical documentation skills;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment;
- Rapid self-starting capability and team player;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills combined with a disciplined approach to problem solving;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies