IT System Administrator
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new permanent opportunity of IT System Administrator in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
- Perform installation of operating systems and properly configure hardware and software on servers.
- Administer Operating Systems: e.g. install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Administer VMWARE VDI Horizon: e.g. install new pools, delivery of new Master Image version, , check VDI performances, make troubleshooting on problems, software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Administer VMWARE VCenter: e.g. create and configure VM, perform VM tuning, perfrom ESXi configuration and troubleshooting, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Administer OpenStack farm: e.g. create and configure VM, perform VM tuning, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and other procedures related to systems management.
- Maintain, monitor, analyse system components and make recommendations regarding system security, computer system performance, disk and other components utilization.
- Monitor systems and applications performances to track operating efficiency.
- Test and implement technical solutions and provide strong operational support on virtualization architectures.
- Work with team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations, provide technical analysis and implement systems to meet Customer’s IT goals.
- Report status and flags issues to Service Manager and to Customer representative.
Skills and attribute
- Good knowledge of Linux Server (RedHat based distributions, e.g. Centos, Red Hat) installation/administration and tuning
- Independent knowledge of VMWare installation/administration and tuning
- Knowledge of VMware Horizon installation/administration and tuning
- Independent knowledge of Linux automation (e.g. scripting, ansible, ..).
- Independent knowledge of VMware automation (e.g. scripting reporting and deployments).
- Knowledge of VMware Horizon automation (e.g. scripting reporting and deployments).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and related management/administration tools.
- Good understanding of ITIL practices
- Knowledge of data backups solution
- Knowledge of High Availability installation/administration and tuning
- Knowledge of network management, firewall and security on Linux/Windows
- Knowledge of DBA (Oracle/Mysql/Postgres)
- Relevant certifications in the relevant technologies are a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Amazone AWS infrastructure is an asset
- Excellent written and oral command of English (B2 - the customer is an international customer speaking English language)
- Knowledge of Italian is not mandatory but would be an asset.
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working are mandatory.
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones.
- Capacity of working under pressure.
Knowledge and Experience
- at least a Secondary school diploma plus four (2) years of proven experience in the field of Windows/Linux administration
- experience matured on Datacenter environments on storage and data management products, Intel based servers and SAN/NAS technologies is an asset.
- experience in setting up Virtual environments both on Physical and Cloud Paltforms is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies