IT Senior Solutions Lead
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a an IT Senior Solutions Lead, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
The IT Senior Solution Lead supports the execution of IT Work Packages (WP)by working with the Technical Delivery Manager to understand the clients’ requirements, identifying gaps between clients’ needs & current IT capabilities.
You will define solutions to bridge the gap, making sure that the project scope is maintained, and solutions are implemented in line with design as well as supporting on pre-qualifications, bids and new business.
You will ensure that we have end to end support throughout the WP lifecycle and into post implementation.
You will ensure that we can reflect scope changes as the WP progresses through its lifecycle.
The IT Senior Solution Leads will have expertise in specific IT areas, with skills compatible to covering Government outsourced opportunities with practical experience of the diverse areas of Serco’s operations, whilst maintaining a knowledge of current and emerging IT technologies.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As an IT Senior Solutions Lead you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Enterprise Architect(s) and bid team on pre-qualifications, bids and new business.
- Liaising with other IT professionals (e.g. Sector Leads, Standard Service Technical Leads) to architect and design solutions for business operations and bids
- Ensuring compliance with solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Providing architectural guidance and design leadership to the Project Manager team to ensure delivery is in line with the design
- Providing delivery execution support to the delivery team, supporting the change control process throughout the work package.
- Explaining technical issues and IT solution strategies to non-technical stakeholders and other IT professionals as required in support of solutions.
- Align with Project Managers and BUDP to ensure that solution milestones are accomplished in accordance with the work package plan.
- Completion of high level designs to ensure timely completion of Technical Delivery work packages.
- Ensuring that solution designs are in sync and aligned with business needs and support Strategic Roadmaps.
- Reviewing the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are deliverable, aligned to Strategic Roadmaps and compliant with standard services.
- Mentoring, guiding and supporting more junior team members
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree in IT related discipline is required along with an understanding of modern IT Infrastructure, applications and Cloud based technologies with focus on the MS stack.
- You must be good at offering solutions to problems, along with being an analytical thinker and logical in approaching issues.
- You will have effective communication skills that enables you to convey complex technical details to clients in a straightforward manner.
- You will need to identify technical issues and design solutions to fix them, gathering and assimilating information.
- Ability to adapt and prioritise.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to build from good relationships with clients/operational managers and colleagues.
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice.
- Qualifications in Architectural principles (e.g.: TOGAF, BCS or COBIT)
ADDITIONAL / SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE ROLE
- English and Germany language skills are a must, Italian or French are benefit
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies