IT Project Manager
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a IT Project Manager based at ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany.
Experienced IT Project Manager for a Software Evaluation Project needed. The PM will lead a small, 3 month evaluation project to determine the potential next ITSM tool suite for the customer.
The following activities are within the scope of the ITSM Tool Evaluation project:
- Pre-selection of suitable ITSM tools to be considered in the evaluation
- Review and update of ITSM requirements documentation
- Initial weighted assessment of suitable tools according to agreed criteria/requirements
- Identification and preparation of a short-list of potential tools/solutions
- Planning and coordination of proof of concepts (PoC) with select vendors
- Implementation of a maximum of three (3) PoCs
- Analysis and review of the PoC results
- Development of a final recommendation including detailed results of pre-selection, feature vs requirements analysis, PoC results, Pros and cons, potential implementation schedules, cost breakdown of the potential solution, risks, ROI analysis and compatibility with future requirements. The PM will work within our service contract operating & maintaining the customer's operational IT, specifically with the ITSM team running and developing the ITSM tools. He/she will also interface and present progress to the Serco Service Manager for the contract, the Serco Contract Director and customer representative in charge of the operational IT onsite.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as Project Manager in an IT environment
- Experience with software development, testing or similar projects
- Experience in IT service management
- Expereince with IT Service Management tools/solutions like Remedy, ServiceNow, HP Service Manager
- PMP or Prince-2 certification a plus, other recognised certifications also acceptable
- ITIL certification a plus
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Ability to work independently and interface stakeholders at various levels in the organisation and within the customer's organisation
- Ability to motivate team members/stakeholders in order to achieve results in time/quality
- Proven ability to organise and chair meetings and create and deliver presentations to management
- Excellent time management and planning skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract for 3 months.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies