At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Mover, based in Brussels.
The Moving Service handles the move of workspace IT equipment between office locations and from/to the IT stock locations as well as between office buildings. This service conducts the initial installations, removals, replacements and recuperations of all workspace IT equipment. The Moving Service also prepares and handles depreciated equipment for proper disposal according to the GSC policies and regulations in place.
Tasks & responsibility
- Moving and reinstalling the desktop of the user between office locations (moving) and from/to the IT stock locations (new installations, replacements and recuperations);
- Connecting and conducting operability testing of the equipment in offices, including patching the network connections in the offices
- Configuring basic ergonomic settings on the desktop, like screen resolution and setup, for new installations and replacements
- Assistance in the delivery of IT related equipment from and to the different locations of the GSC, either by external suppliers or by shipping or freight companies.
- You have the overall view of the IT environment, the equipment to be moved, as well as all aspects related to the specific services
- You will co-ordinate with installers in order to plan for the availability of the necessary IT related equipment accurately and timely, and to make sure that the moves result in an operational system for the end user, when appropriate.
- You understand the confidentiality and sensitivity of their function. They should be able to identify situations which are not within their security boundary, and deal with them in the appropriate way.
- You will co-operate with other services (Requests, etc.) and external sources (suppliers, shipping companies, etc.) in order to receive and provide all necessary information and detailed instructions to avoid duplication of resources and customer nuisance.
IT Moving Services Movers profile:
- You have a good working knowledge - minimum Level B.1 French and English/ additional languages can be an asset
- Good knowledge of Computer Information System environments.
- The ability to deal with all hierarchical levels of professionals.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work in teams.
- The physical ability to carry out the different duties required for the function.
- You may be required occasionally to work outside standard working hours.
- You have a clean criminal record
- You might be to have a security clearance allowing access to classified information (up to SECRET EU level) and thus be prepared to undergo security screening.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
If you are selected for this role, we can offer a permanent Serco employee contract with a competitive salary and an attractive package of extralegal benefits:
- Monthly net allowance of 145,00 EUR
- AXA Hospitalization insurance (extendible to your houshold)
- Group insurance (pension saving and life-insurance)
- Meal vouchers for each worked day
- Opportunity to grow your IT career
- Start date: ASAP
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies