IT Hardware Mover / IT Moving Services Movers
Serco improves services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. Acting on a consultative basis, Serco designs innovative solutions, integrates systems and, most of all, delivers to the public.
Are you interested in Computer Information Services? Would you like to grow your career in an IT environment? Would you like to work as an IT helpdesk agent in the future but you do not have much of experience yet?
We have an entry position for an enthusiastic candidate who would like to develop their IT skills.
The Moving Service handles the move of workspace IT equipment between office locations and from/to the IT stock locations as well as between office buildings. This service conducts the initial installations, removals, replacements and recuperations of all workspace IT equipment. The Moving Service also prepares and handles depreciated equipment for proper disposal according to the GSC policies and regulations in place.
Tasks & responsibility
- Movers shall have the overall view of the GSC environment, the equipment to be moved, as well as all aspects related to the GSC specific services.
- Make full sense of the Service Desk Tool in the accomplishment of their tasks, i.e work orders.
- Assist in the delivery of IT related equipment from and to the different locations of the GSC, either by external suppliers or by shipping or freight companies.
- Moving operations shall be initiated through the creation of a work order from the relevant GSC service.
- Coordinate with installers in order to plan for the availability of the necessary IT related equipment accurately and timely, and to make sure that the moves result in an operational system for the end user, when appropriate.
- Understand the confidentiality and sensitivity of the function. Be able to identify situations which are not within their security boundary, and deal with them in the appropriate way.
- Cooperate with other services (requests, etc) and external sources (suppliers, shipping companies, etc.) in order to receive and provide all necessary information and detailed instructions to avoid duplication of resources and customer nuisance.
- Cooperate fully to each kind of customer satisfaction program.
The Ideal Candidate
IT Moving Services Movers profile
- You have a good working knowledge - Level B.1 or above using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) - of either French and English [M]. Additional levels or knowledge of these or other EU languages provides value.
- Good knowledge of Computer Information System environments.
- The ability to deal with all hierarchical levels of professionals.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work in teams.
- The physical ability to carry out the different duties required for the function.
- You may be required occasionally to work outside standard working hours.
- You have a clean criminal record
- You might be to have a security clearance allowing access to classified information (up to SECRET EU level) and thus be prepared to undergo security screening.
If you are selected for this role, we can offer a permanent Serco employee contract with a competitive salary and an attractive package of extralegal benefits:
- Monthly net allowance of 145,00 EUR
- AXA Hospitalization insurance (extendible to your houshold)
- Group insurance (pension saving and life-insurance)
- Meal vouchers for each worked day
- Opportunity to grow your IT career
- Start date: ASAP
About the Company
Serco employs more than 130,000 employees delivering mission-critical services to government and private clients world-wide. Serco is an international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco European Agencies