IT Hardware Mover / IT Moving Services Movers
Serco improves services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. Acting on a consultative basis, Serco designs innovative solutions, integrates systems and, most of all, delivers to the public.
Are you interested in Computer Information Services? Would you like to grow your career in an IT environment? Would you like to work as an IT helpdesk agent in the future but you do not have much of experience yet?
We have an entry position for an enthusiastic candidate who would like to develop their IT skills.
The Moving Service handles the move of workspace IT equipment between office locations and from/to the IT stock locations as well as between office buildings. This service conducts the initial installations, removals, replacements and recuperations of all workspace IT equipment. The Moving Service also prepares and handles depreciated equipment for proper disposal according to the GSC policies and regulations in place.
Tasks & responsibility
- Moving and reinstalling the desktop of the user between office locations (moving) and from/to the IT stock locations (new installations, replacements and recuperations);
- Connecting and conducting operability testing of the equipment in offices, including patching the network connections in the offices
- Configuring basic ergonomic settings on the desktop, like screen resolution and setup, for new installations and replacements
- Assistance in the delivery of IT related equipment from and to the different locations of the GSC, either by external suppliers or by shipping or freight companies.
- You have the overall view of the IT environment, the equipment to be moved, as well as all aspects related to the specific services
- You will co-ordinate with installers in order to plan for the availability of the necessary IT related equipment accurately and timely, and to make sure that the moves result in an operational system for the end user, when appropriate.
- You understand the confidentiality and sensitivity of their function. They should be able to identify situations which are not within their security boundary, and deal with them in the appropriate way.
- You will co-operate with other services (Requests, etc.) and external sources (suppliers, shipping companies, etc.) in order to receive and provide all necessary information and detailed instructions to avoid duplication of resources and customer nuisance.
The Ideal Candidate
IT Moving Services Movers profile
- You have a good working knowledge - minimum Level B.1 French and English/ additional languages can be an asset
- Good knowledge of Computer Information System environments.
- The ability to deal with all hierarchical levels of professionals.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work in teams.
- The physical ability to carry out the different duties required for the function.
- You may be required occasionally to work outside standard working hours.
- You have a clean criminal record
- You might be to have a security clearance allowing access to classified information (up to SECRET EU level) and thus be prepared to undergo security screening.
If you are selected for this role, we can offer a permanent Serco employee contract with a competitive salary and an attractive package of extralegal benefits:
- Monthly net allowance of 145,00 EUR
- AXA Hospitalization insurance (extendible to your houshold)
- Group insurance (pension saving and life-insurance)
- Meal vouchers for each worked day
- Opportunity to grow your IT career
- Start date: ASAP
About the Company
Serco employs more than 130,000 employees delivering mission-critical services to government and private clients world-wide. Serco is an international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco European Agencies