IT First Line Technical Engineering Support
In our new Serco Office in Prague, we are recruiting our future IT First Line Technical Engineering Support, to contribute to the successful office set-up.
Discover the offer below :)
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide customers with ongoing application technical support
- Management of the end-to-end cycle for service incidents, anomalies and issues troubleshooting
- Acquire and analyse customer needs and problems, making recommendations for new developing solutions
- Customer analysis to tune applications that respond to customer need
- Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions
- First line support for the users and continuous interaction with the Second line support
- Support Second line for SW testing and verification activities
- Support Second line for issues such as the maintenance, operation and transfer of the managed applications
- Provide innovative solutions to common problems
- Generate ideas for innovating managed applications
- Work with customer service and quality analysis teams to optimize products and ensure products stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the managed applications
- Regular interaction with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Application monitoring and alarm analysis
- Technical notes editing support
- Regular monthly reporting editing support
- Execute regular application maintenance activities
You should have:
- Good knowledge of DMS (KT, Alfresco, SEED DMS)
- Very Good knowledge of Linux environment, with administration skills (Red Hat, CentOS, Suse, Ubuntu)
- Very Good shell scripting
- Good programming skills in Python and/or Java is an asset
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Very Good knowledge of Networking principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Linux Virtual Machine (Debian, Red Hat)
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, ORACLE, PostgreSQL, Informix, SQL)
- 1-2 years of experience in usage of DMS
- 1-2 years of experience in Linux environment
- Excellent English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to Speak fluently in Italian is an asset
- Advanced ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Professional and knowledgeable attitude and behavior with customers and co-workers
- Good communications skills
- Capacity of working in team
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones
- Capacity of working under pressure
- Customer Service Skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Coworking office in Prague centre
Dynamic working environment (closer to a start-up than a multinational), good growth opportunities for the future
Close collaboration with the European Space Sector.
Knowledge of the Satellite Earth Observation field is an asset.
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies