IT Expert (ITE) - 6164
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an IT Expert (ITE) for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As IT Expert (ITE) you will be responsible for:
- Develop plans for implementing IT architectures focussing on SAP solutions.
- Analyse business and technical requirements, propose solutions (SAP), and their pros and cons, to meet the business needs with cost effective solutions.
- Define SAP architectures (including interactions with non-SAP components).
- Design and implement SAP solutions in relationships with other stakeholders.
- Model, establish artefacts, document SAP solutions and their implementation.
- Analyse and follow-up the implementation of standard or customised SAP solutions within the context of large scale, complex IT projects involving SOA (service-oriented architecture) systems integrating one or more SAP components.
- Functional analysis within the field of finance and budgetary execution; analysing, testing, documenting and supporting information systems, in close co-operation with business owners and representatives, system architects, IT and support staff.
- Contribute to project management: planning, to definition of work plans and deliverables, organisation of quality control, risk management, change management.
- Model the business processes, business rules and design the data object models.
- Formalise the requirements and assure consolidation in the Business Object Models and Business Process Models, thus guaranteeing the documentation remains up-to-date. Ensure that artefacts and deliverables are conform to defined guidelines and applicable procedures, and are in line with the overall Information System architecture.
- Coordinate with DIGIT and liaise with business owners, business management including senior management and experts in budgetary management and accounting.
- Liaise with the technical design teams to ensure that the information systems implement the best solution for the business owners.
- Perform functional testing and/or liaise with the test team to help ensure that business and functional requirements enter into the test stream correctly.
- Promote model driven development.
- Draft summaries, statistics, reports and briefing notes, and contribute to strategic documents.
- Provide information and training sessions to users, support teams and management.
In particular, the expert will assist on the following:
- Contribute to the fruitful implementation of ServiceNow for business and IT service desks including the migration processes from the current platforms;
- Troubleshoot IT operations events and propose short/mid/long term solutions;
- Provide advice on IT operations, IT architecture, as well as on project management
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices in Service Management (ITSM) as well as coordinate with other IT and business services;
- Validate business analysis, technical analysis, and implementations;
- Participate in technical and business working groups;
- Quality control of deliveries;
- Follow-up the ongoing IT developments;
- Production of technical documents and studies.
- Production of procedures and processes for Service Management
- The candidate will manage structural improvements regarding the delivery of the service portfolio by contributing to the development of the processes, tooling, and metrics in order to achieve greater quality, efficiency and service continuity. He will also support the team on contractual aspects (e.g. drafting of requirements, Memorandum of Understandings, etc) and in the reporting function of our activities (bi-weekly meeting where projects’ development are discussed horizontally).
- Production of reports and dashboards using BO/BI solutions or equivalent.
Advise and Support as a subject Matter Expert in the field of Cybersecurity, Governance, Risk and Compliance Management.
- Analyse the requirements resulting from the Cybersecurity plans taking into account the expectations of the business owners in the context of SAP and ServiceNow;
- Participate in the development and evolution of the services towards an integrated risk and compliance management process. Additional ICT Security & Risk management services might be created in this context and might require coordination / contribution efforts from the candidate.
- Contribution to the initiatives facilitating the adoption and implementation of Cybersecurity processes and methodologies among the stakeholders (presentations, targeted consultancy sessions, case-specific hands-on assistance sessions);
- Interfacing with Cybersecurity stakeholders, monitoring and advice in the implementation of security processes and measures.
- Provide advise related to implementation of cybersecurity measures for SaaS in the cloud.
- Provide advise related to GDPR
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Master’s level or 5 years of higher education
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Following skills and knowledge are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
- Good redaction skills in English;
- Ability to apply high quality standards;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in architecture and design;
- High commitment with the defined objectives and deadlines;
- Ability to integrate in an international/multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to participate to multi-lingual meetings in English and French; additional languages will be considered an important asset;
- High degree of initiative, have a service-oriented mind-set and have team spirit;
- Expertise with UML modeling;
- Expertise in end-to-end testing, and capability to organize and manage UAT;
- Expertise in SAP R3 and SAP S/4 HANA Suite
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, SMT, ServiceNow
- Expertise in SaaS implementations
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework
- ITIL based catalogues and service delivery either internal (OLAs) or with providers (SLAs)
- Working knowledge of the Agile, Scrum and PM2 methodologies
- Good knowledge and practice on data analytics tools;
- Cybersecurity Risk Management (preferably, using the ITSRM methodology)
- Cybersecurity Policies and Compliance
- Cybersecurity Services operational development and management
- Self-motivated and autonomous, with ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to approach problems from multiple angles and find creative solutions;
- Ability to produce mature executive summaries, presentations and to engage with stakeholders at any levels, from operational staff to senior management;
- Proven capacity to analyse complex information, to consider options in a clear and structured way, to propose and implement recommendations and to make sound decisions;
- Ability to work effectively both with team members and with customers;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, to make timely decisions, to reprioritize tasks responding to changes in a rapidly evolving work environment;
- Ability to develop and set up processes and structures across various fields of activities
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in PMO contain personal and confidential data
- The candidate must hold a security clearance at EU CONFIDENTIAL level or be in a position to obtain such security clearance.
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in IT Project Management
- At least 10 years of specific experience in IT Service Management
- At least 5 years of specific experience in Cybersecurity and IT risk management
- At least 10 years of specific experience within an EU institution
- At least 5 years of experience in financial & contract management
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS:
The following certification is a must have for the performance of the tasks:
- ITIL (minimum v3)
The following standards and certifications would be advantageous for the performance of tasks:
- Prince 2
- SAP Certified Associate - SAP Activate Project Manager
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.x
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies