IS Support Manager (14412, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IS Support Manager, in an international Organisation, based in Brussels.
You will be responsible for:
- 2nd line support analysis, tracking and monitoring of business workflow application problems and impediments up to their resolution
- Redaction of detailed problem descriptions and reports as meaningful input for upstream support teams (3rd line, application developments teams)
- User guidance and support regarding the use of information systems / ICT tools, by phone and e-mail
- IS Service management
- Mastering of information sites and maintenance of the unit's knowledge base
- Follow-up of service quality in the context of incident, problem and impediment management
- Management and follow-up of user requests
- Guidance regarding the use of information systems
- Management of incidents related to information systems; organisation of the reporting
- Conception and organisation of user documentation for information systems
- Conception and management of IS and ICT end user support and assistance
- Participation in user, service and project meetings
- Depending on the circumstances, the support manager may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues
You should have:
- Proven knowledge in end user assistance or support of information systems, especially in the context of the analysis and resolution of business workflow application problems and impediments, is essential
- Good understanding of business processes and requirements in the private and/or public sector (e.g. financial, procurement, etc.)
- Good knowledge of business workflow application analysis tools (e.g. PL/SQL, SOAP-UI) is an asset
- Very good knowledge in ITIL procedures or equivalent and the related support tools is mandatory
- Good IT skills; very good knowledge of MS-OFFICE tools is mandatory
- Knowledge of wiki, collaborative sites and social networks and IS knowledge base maintenance
- Excellent communication / writing skills
- Good knowledge of the office automation tools used in the Commission (MSOffice)
- Good reporting methods
- Ability to give presentations in French and English
- Good command of the English language is mandatory
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in working in team; leadership capability
- Able to cope with the needs of multi-language site deployment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies