Human Resources Manager
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager, based in Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- Implements and contributes to continuous improvement and innovation so that the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practices and our customers and partners understand Serco’s employer brand.
- Executes key HR interventions and campaigns planned within the country and helps ensure that business objectives are realised.
- Working with legal counsel to regularly review and advice on changes to local employment policies.
- Proactively drive across the HR work streams, (e.g. talent, engagement, learning & development, reward, employee relations and resourcing) and work in partnership to develop and implement key plans. Ensure compliance with CSOPs, governance and good practice.
- Design and supports the implementation of the HR strategy within Germany.
- Conducts regular reviews of the HR service provided across the country and takes action to ensure the business receives an appropriate service to support our managers so they can deliver an excellent service for our customers.
- Ensures rigorous governance is applied across all of our people operations in line with our Serco Management System (SMS), corporate policy and external regulatory framework.
- Ensures compliance to European standards and employment legislation, mitigating and managing risk and liabilities in the supply of people and services into differing European jurisdictions.
- Works with the European HR Organisation to apply Group and European HR initiatives locally and ensures alignment with the EU Regional management.
- Ensures the local HR team deliver service in line with the agreed budget.
- Reviews and reports on the performance of HR service delivery against objectives, budgets and targets.
- Ensure that key regular reports on people management performance are produced in a timely manner.
- Manage positive relationships with the local works councils and HSE committee.
- Provide HR support to the local recruitment team and ensure they are focussed on generating revenue for the business.
- Ensure effective learning and development planning is in place to ensure we meet our contractual and statutory compliance.
- Responsible for all employee relations activity – including case management of absence, disciplinary and grievance cases.
- Ensure payroll inputs are managed effectively so we achieve our statutory obligations and pay people correctly first time, on time.
- Responsible for effective onboarding (including induction), , and exit management of employees leaving the business, in line with Serco Global and Regional recruitment policies.
- Support the delivery of the divisional diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy and plan, aligned to the Group’s overall D&I strategy.
- Provide HR services at times of Phase-In and Phase-Out.
- Analysing training needs and propose training plans accordingly.
The Key Person should bring the following skills and experience:
- Professional HR qualification.
- Graduate calibre.
- Generalist background having managed at an operational level in a substantial customer centric organisation.
- Good knowledge of local employment legislation.
- Good understanding of the local market conditions, key organisations and a strong knowledge of the political direction in maintaining and building employee relations across the region.
- Experience with German authorities for tax and social security audits.
- Experience of managing and deploying projects.
- Experience of delivering change in complex and demanding environments.
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision making skills.
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to lead team through change.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience of operating in HR in a similar role.
- Experience of operating within German employment law.
- Experience of managing with Works Council representatives.
- Experience of “hands on delivery” of HR services is essential.
- Fluent German and English (both written and verbal) is essential for the role. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Some (in-frequent) travel in country and in Europe would be required.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies