Hosted Processing Support Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in EUMETSAT, we are currently looking for a Hosted Processing Support Engineer.
We are looking for a person with a solid Meteorological or Scientific background and a strong computing background e.g. in an IT focussed research environment.
This role will assist Hosted Processing tenants in the setup of their required virtual environment, support user issues related to cloud processing and EUMETSAT data and provide a first level ensuring the smooth operations of the cloud services for all tenants.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following tasks:
Support user on-boarding to Hosted processing environment;
- Identification of intended workflows ("use case assessment") and scaling requirements
- Provisioning / Preparation of relevant support scripts / tools (application support)
- Define, set-up and maintain a range of VM environments ("images") reflecting user needs for hosted processing applications and allowing HP tenants to choose and pre-configure their specific environment (e.g. Batch environment, processing environment with relevant tools, user environments extending over various VM's) in a Cloud Application Management such as Morpheus;
- Train tenants on how to use the Hosted Processing environment and provide suitable documentation (e.g. user guides);
- Support the maintenance of the EO datasets on the systems;
- Provide first level support for Hosted Processing / ICSI problems;
- Assist users with the set-up of the infrastructure, the processing and response to related queries
- Monitor resources and user activities to avoid impacts of their processing on the system or other users
- Interact closely with 2nd level engineering support for Cloud Infrastructure;
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile or Computer Sciences, the successful candidate will bring experience and skills in the following:
- Virtual Environment (VMware is essential)
- Strong Linux know how
- User support attitude
- Experience as a stakeholder in Data-IT-Applications-User environment
- Ability to translate User requests into system requirements
Nice to have:
- Jira ticketing system
- System Admin experience
- Cloud application environment experience
- EO data handling experience
- Experience with support tools, e.g. Jupiter Notebook, R, SNAP
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies