Help and Information Desk Operator
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Help and Information Desk Operator :) Are you willing to move to CZ Republic? We offer you a relocation package!
Serco Czech Republic recently opened an office in Prague, where the company already provides Operations and Evolution of Data Access and User Support Services to the European Space Agency as part of a Serco-led consortium. Furthermore, it provides support services to the newly set up European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA).
Applying to this position, you will have the chance to work as a consultant for one of Serco’s major clients in Europe!
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Help and Information Desk Operator you will be responsible for:
- Email distribution in *mailing /ticketing system*
- Call registration
- Routing/assigning and tracing requests
- Handling telephone calls from customer
- Social media monitoring and interaction
- Interfacing users for enquiries within the service scope, supporting fulfillment requests and anomalies tracing, both related to the user registration, data access provision and dissemination, data catalogues and tools usage, liaising with internal and external technical interfaces.
- Communication to users through: contents editing for mailings, web news and social media accounts. The operator is autonomously able to prepare drafts for these kinds of media, choosing the right communication plan according to the reference audience. With regards to the social media editing, the operator is able to prepare or support the preparation of a social media plan, interact and moderate possible reactions on the social media account, in accordance with the service social media editor. Generation and publication of FAQ and video tutorial of public utility and internal knowledge base feeding, including procedures and working instructions’ preparation and circulation.
- User Satisfaction handling, including: monitoring of daily user surveys and user complaints. Investigation and follow-up with relevant support teams for management of unsatisfied responses and/or complaints up to final closure.
- Support to special events and attendance to international conferences, workshops and symposia. Support to the generation, delivery and analysis of specific questionnaires aimed at understanding new needs and requirements from the users’ communities.
- Support to data management activities via Linux basic commands
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Czech Republic and around the world.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) – starting from B2 level onwards
- Ability to write and understand technical documentation predominantly written in English
- French and German optional
- Social Media Editing experience in professional contexts (preferable), or
- Social Media with personal accounts
Participation to international events
- Availability to travel and represent the service at international events (up to 3-4 events per year)
Office Automation – IT knowledge
- Knowledge and skills on MS Office applications - intermediate level (e.g. ability to work with templates, implement macros and formulas, produce reports)
- Basic/Medium knowledge of Linux environment (preferable)
- Video editing skills (preferable)
- User focus – customer care skills
- Good communications skills
- Team working
- Good planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure following multiple activities.
- At least 2Yrs experience in User Services Support
- English Certification (≥ B2)
- Social Media Editing experience in professional contexts
- Experience and/or knowledge of service/operations best practices (ITIL), management and processes.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies