We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a HR Specialist in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As HR Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Being responsible for monthly/ quarterly/ annual HR controlling for Germany;
- Visualization and monitoring of HR-KPIs for various stakeholders;
- Monitor and manage regular reporting activities: ad hoc reports, headcount and FTE development, turnover, sickness, attrition, recruitment, vacation accruals, pay increases, promotions etc;
- Implement target-oriented HR KPIs, dashboards, metrics, reports and for the German HR business,
- Interface function to Finance & Controlling (Payroll);
- Participation in national / international HR projects;
- Working closely with our HR teams in the UK & Europe;
Compensation & Benefits
- Support/ implement national compensation & benefits programs & processes;
- Perform country-specific market reviews and benchmarks;
- Drive the annual merit/bonus cycle for Germany;
- Be the first point of contact for Contract Managers on compensation & benefit matters;
- Manage all data submissions to survey providers;
- Handling all internal / external communication;
- Creating announcements to the leadership team and staff;
Health & Safety
- Supporting H&S initiatives and participate in the H&S committee;
- Follow up on H&S actions for the organisation;
- Supporting implementation of the group-wide H&S guidelines within the organisation;
- Evaluation and preparation of risk and hazardous assessments;
- Organize routine training on health & safety matters;
- Carry out development of safety policies for the organisation;
- Ensure up to date and accurate statistics and reports are maintained;
Training & Development
- Proactively supports HR work streams (e.g. Talent engagement, learning & development, training plans, reward);
- Regular reviews of training & development actions;
- Ensure that key regular reports on people management performance are produced in a timely manner;
- Support effective learning and development planning is in place to ensure we meet our contractual and statutory compliance;
- Analysing training needs, propose training plans accordingly and booking of training sessions;
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master degree in Business Administration / Human Resources;
- Dynamic character with a hands-mentality as well as an analytical driven and sharp mind;
Europe & UK Division;
- Solid understanding of HR organization, processes, systems and policies;
- Resilient to implement new HR controlling models and set standards;
- Strong project management skills, planning & organization skills;
- Very good communication skills, both written and spoken in German and English;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels and within the Europe & UK Division;
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of confidentiality;
- Very good understanding of MS Office (advanced Excel skills), Cloud and HR information systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to build strong relationships to all stakeholders;
- Open and communicative personality and are thrilled to work in high diversity workplace;
- 3-4 years of experience in Human Resources;
- Profound understanding of correlating HR IT systems and data sources;
- Experience with design of HR dashboards and reporting of HR KPIs in business context in an international environment;
- Good knowledge of local employment legislations;
- Working in an international organization with matrix structure.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies