HR Manager (Netherlands), Europe
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a temporary HR Manager Netherlands (6 months project) to reinforce the team in our Noordwijk office!
- Ensure the delivery of people management operational support in Netherlands & Spain. Helps support and embed good people management practices.
- Execute key HR interventions and campaigns planned within the country and helps ensure that business objectives are realised.
- Proactively drive across the HR work streams, (e.g. talent, engagement, learning & development, reward, employee relations and resourcing) and work in partnership to develop and implement key plans. Ensure compliance with Country Standard Operating Procedures (CSOPs), governance and good practice
Working with the Senior People Partner, and the wider HR team, the role will be responsible for implementing effective people management interventions across a country to deliver a coherent and consistent people management approach within Europe.
The role will report to HR with dotted line to the General Manager of the country. The role will have responsibility for the service provided by a team of local HR generalists in country.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As HR Manager Netherlands you will be responsible for:
Strategy and Plans
- Design and supports the implementation of the HR strategy within their country.
- Conducts regular reviews of the HR service provided across the country and takes action to ensure the business receives an appropriate service to support our managers so they can deliver an excellent service for our customers.
- Ensures rigorous governance is applied across all of our people operations in line with our Serco Management System (SMS), corporate policy and external regulatory framework.
- Ensures compliance to European standards and employment legislation, mitigating and managing risk and liabilities in the supply of people and services into differing European jurisdictions.
- Works with the European HR Organisation to apply Group and European HR initiatives locally and ensures alignment with the EU Regional management.
Growth and Financials
- Ensures the local HR team deliver service in line with the agreed budget.
- Reviews and reports on the performance of HR service delivery against objectives, budgets and targets.
- Delivers key HR support to enable the operational business to be run effectively.
- Ensure that key regular reports on people management performance are produced in a timely manner.
Customers and Markets
- Implements and contributes to continuous improvement and innovation so that the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practices and our customers and partners understand Serco’s employer brand.
People & Culture
- Understand, own and be a passionate role model for Serco values and ensure they are fully embraced across the business.
- Working with legal counsel to regularly review and advise on changes to local employment policies.
- Supports the implementation of employee engagement initiatives across the country to drive a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Manage positive relationships with the local works councils and HSE committee.
- Provide HR support to the local recruitment team and ensure they are focussed on generating revenue for the business.
- Ensure effective learning and development planning is in place to ensure we meet our contractual and statutory compliance.
- Responsible for all employee relations activity – including case management of absence, disciplinary and grievance cases.
- Ensure payroll inputs are managed effectively so we achieve our statutory obligations and pay people correctly first time, on time.
- Responsible for effective onboarding (including induction) and exit management of employees leaving the business, in line with Serco global and regional recruitment policies.
- Support the delivery of the divisional diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy and plan, aligned to the Group’s overall D&I strategy.
- Provide HR services at times of phase-in and phase-out of contracts.
- Analysing training needs and propose training plans accordingly.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Professional HR qualification.
- Graduate calibre.
- Generalist background having managed at an operational level in a substantial customer centric organisation.
- Good knowledge of local employment legislation.
- Good understanding of the local market conditions, key organisations and a strong knowledge of the political direction in maintaining and building employee relations across the region.
- Experience with local authorities for tax and social security audits.
- Experience of managing and deploying projects.
- Experience of delivering change in complex and demanding environments.
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to lead team through change.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of operating in HR in a similar role.
- Experience of operating within local employment law.
- Experience of managing with works council representatives.
- Experience of “hands on delivery” of HR services is essential.
- Experience of managing through change management processes would be an advantage
Additional / special features of the role
- Fluent Dutch and English (both written and verbal) is essential for the role. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Some (in-frequent) travel in country and in Europe may be required
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies