HR Manager France
Serco is one of the leading providers of border control and immigration services. Our services include the management of border controls, the management of detention centres, the provision of housing and welfare support services for asylum applicants, the issuing of identity documents, and repatriation services. We also deliver tracking, border detection, and surveillance services.
Subject to a foreseen contract win in France we are seeking an Experienced HR Manager.
Working with the Senior People Partner, the country HR Manager and the Contract Director, the role will be responsible for implementing effective people management interventions across the contract to deliver a coherent and consistent people management approach.
The key purpose of the role:
- To establish and then manage the day-to-day HR activity for the private security workforce of an anticipated contract
- In establishing:
- Setting up the supporting HR infrastructure – working with payroll provider, set up of workforce on Serco systems
- Support the transfer of staff from the incumbent contract
- Support the recruitment process as applicable
- Supporting engagement with the transferring staff
- Manage the application of group HR policies
- In managing:
- Ensures the delivery of people management operational support to the contract, including recruitment
- Helps support and embed good people management practices.
- Executes key HR interventions and campaigns planned within the contract and helps ensure that business objectives are realised.
Proactively drive across the HR work streams, (e.g. talent, engagement, learning & development, reward, employee relations and resourcing) and work in partnership to develop and implement key plans. Ensure compliance with Country Standard Operating Procedures (CSOPs), governance and good practice.
By joining us you’ll play a key role in this by establishing and then managing the day-to-day HR activity for the private security workforce of an anticipated contract.
Managing multi projects at any one time you’ll know how to use your influence, communication and leadership skills to get things done. You won’t do this alone, you’ll work closely with our wider projects team and with our dedicated and passionate teams located in Belgium and UK, all of whom live our values of Care, Trust, innovation and Pride.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Meeting with relevant internal and external workstreams to agree key activities, dates and milestones for implementation of the service
- Manage HR implementation plan and key HR activities and milestone during implementation
- Work with central Serco HR teams in application of group standards and system set up
- Ensure infrastructure ready for relevant Work Councils
- Work with incumbent to agree process for transition
- Manage review and selection of employees’ process
- Manage transfer of employee data into Serco systems
- Manage preparation and dissemination of contract amendments
- Manage communication and engagement with employees during transfer
- Manage the exit process for any applicable staff
- Support, prepare and participate in staff induction process
- Prepare and support the elections for staff representatives
- Support effective consultation with employee representatives and Work Councils
- Ensures rigorous governance is applied across the contract in line with our Serco Management System (SMS), corporate policy and external regulatory framework.
- Ensures compliance to European standards and employment legislation, mitigating and managing risk and liabilities in the supply of people and services into differing European jurisdictions.
- Works with the Country and European HR Organisation to apply Group and European HR initiatives locally and ensures alignment with the EU Regional management.
- Ensures the contract HR support is delivered in line with the agreed budget.
- Reviews and reports on the performance of HR service delivery against objectives, budgets and targets.
- Delivers key HR support to enable the contract to be run effectively, including:
- Management of personnel files, employment contracts and amendments
- Management of absence
- Liaison with legal advisors as required
- Payroll management
- Ensures that key regular reports on people management performance are produced in a timely manner.
- Implements and contributes to continuous improvement and innovation so that the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practices and our customers and partners understand Serco’s employer brand.
People & Culture
- Understand, own and be a passionate role model for Serco values and ensure they are fully embraced across the business.
- Working with legal counsel as required in case of changes to local employment policies.
- Supports the implementation of employee engagement initiatives across the contract to drive a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Manage positive relationships with the local works councils and HSE committee.
- Ensure effective learning and development planning is in place to ensure we meet our contractual and statutory compliance.
- Responsible for all employee relations activity at the contract – including case management of absence, disciplinary and grievance cases.
- Ensure payroll inputs are managed effectively so we achieve our statutory obligations and pay people correctly first time, on time.
- Responsible for effective onboarding (including induction) and exit management of employees leaving the business, in line with Serco global and regional recruitment policies.
- Support the delivery of the divisional diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy and plan, aligned to the Group’s overall D&I strategy.
- Analysing training needs and propose training plans accordingly.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Professional HR qualification
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent knowledge of French employment legislation essential
- Generalist background having managed at an operational level in a substantial customer centric organisation
- Experience with local authorities for tax and social security audits
- Experience in payroll management
- Experience of managing and deploying projects
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of confidentiality
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a private security services environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of operating in HR in a similar role
- Experience of operating within French employment law and private security collective convention
- Experience of managing with works council representatives
- Experience of establishing new organisations would be an advantage
Additional / special features of the role
- Fluent French (both written and verbal) is essential for the role. B2 in English is desirable .
- Some (in-frequent) travel in country and in Europe may be required
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies