German Communication Officer
At Communi-K, a consortium between Serco and Tipik, it’s our aim to bring European affairs and European policy closer to the public.
In cooperation with the Directorate-General for Communication, we manage the European Commission’s general information centre: The Europe Direct Contact Centre.
Thanks to our dynamic team of 32 Communication Officers and interns, we see to it that all EU related inquiries are answered in the 24 official European languages. Another aim is to help our communication officers and interns excel in what they do. We are, therefore, committed to their continuous training and development, both in the area of job-related skills, lifelong learning, and personal development.
Communication Officers, supported by a comprehensive training programme will deliver the day to day activities related to enquiry handling. Based on the analysis of current statistics around 33% of the work is related to telephone enquiries and over 60% of the work is based on email enquiries.
- Bsc/Master degree, EU studies – preferable
- Fluent English; German- fluent, French-desirable
- The working language is English, proficiency is required to a good working level.
LANGUAGES COVERED throughout the entire TEAM:
English Dutch Romanian Finnish Latvian Spanish
French Portuguese Bulgarian Slovak Estonian Swedish
German Greek Czech Slovene Maltese Croatian
Italian Polish Hungarian Danish Irish Lithuanian
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- A permanent long-term contract under Belgian law
- An attractive compensation package
- Starting salary 1800euro (gross) for initial 6 month training period, 2300euro (Gross) thereafter
- Interesting development paths for your career
- Specialised training from EU officials on hot topics
- Researching interesting topics and providing quality answers in multiple languages
- Professional training & coaching
- Fixed working hours and a large, open workplace at the European quarter in Brussels
- Regular team events and fresh fruit delivery.
- Liaising with high-level EU officials will be part of your day-to-day
About the Company
Our values and our culture:
We work hard to earn trust and respect. We deliver on our promises; we are open, straightforward and honest; do the right thing, and take personal responsibility for getting things done.
We care deeply about the services we provide, and the communities we serve, and we look after each other. We work together to deliver high-quality public services, often of great importance to the nation and the communities we serve. We take care of each other, and those we serve, and we aim to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
We believe that collaboration – both within the team and with the European institutions – is vital in developing a common vision for the EDCC and its future. We are one team that strives to move forward as a unit.
We want to be proud of what we do. We know that the work we do is important, and we take pride in doing it well. We value energy and enthusiasm, skill and experience, and an ability to make hard work fun. We contribute both as individuals and as part of a team.
Serco European Agencies