Geomatic Engineer (Data Quality Control)
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Geomatic Engineer (Data Quality Control) in Frascati (Rome) !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
The activity is framed within the contract “PRISM” (Copernicus Contributing Missions access support functions and platform), supporting ESA in operations, maintenance and evolution of all functions, processes and infrastructures coordinating the data flow among the Copernicus Contributing Missions and the Users exploiting such data.
In this framework, Serco is searching for a person to support the Coordinated Quality Control (CQC) Team in all aspects related to the quality control of Earth Observation data and products (SAR, Optical, DEM), aimed at ensuring a fully assessed and high-quality data offering to the Copernicus Services and the other Copernicus Users.
Scientific initiatives relevant to harmonization aspects of the PRISM offering to the Users are part of the activities to be fulfilled.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic and flexible environment
- Strong orientation to team working and collaboration
- Time management and goal-focusing
- Problem-solving approach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication attitude
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in Science disciplines or equivalent qualification, preferably in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation.
- Background and good understanding of geophysical sciences and/or specific instruments relevant to optical missions (medium, high, very high resolution) and radar missions; experience in Synthetic Aperture Radar missions is an added-value asset.
- 3-5 years experience in Remote Sensing data analysis and relevant exploitation tools (e.g., IDL/Envi, Sentinels Toolbox, ArcGIS suite, QGIS, …).
- Knowledge of data science programming languages, in particular python and IDL, is an added-value asset.
- Basic knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experience in data quality control is a preferred qualification.
- Business proficiency in English (oral and written) is mandatory.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies