Galileo Control Segment Networks Support Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a working experience in the field of Ground Control Segments? You could be our new Galileo Control Segment Networks Support Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the Ground Control Segment Management Unit team at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible of supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the SCCF element
- Interface with other areas of the project on SCCF related topics
- Support the preparation and execution of G2G Procurement actions
- Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring::
- A Masters degree in a relevant field
- Must be eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s)
- Full command of English language (oral and written)
- Autonomy in writing minutes of meetings, technical notes, specifications and reports
- Good inter personal skills and team spirit
- Previous working experience in a multinational environment
- Good knowledge of MS office tools
- Excellent Organizational skills, good practical sense, being able to work effectively in a team and be able to work autonomously in the field of responsibility
- Availability and willingness to travel for missions inside or outside Europe
- Experience in procurement of industrial activities
- Knowledge of IT technology (including virtualization)
- Knowledge and experience of the design and performance of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Control and Monitoring Systems including its operations, architecture and implementation
- Knowledge of the development, test and verification as well as deployment of ground segments
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies