At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Functional Analyst, based in EASA, Cologne, Germany.
The key person will be responsible for:
- Definition of use cases and actors and how they interact;
- Gathering and documenting of functional requirements & specifications;
- Analyse impacts and assess risks;
- Perform functional analyses and facilitate workshops;
- Monitor developments and ensure requirements are met during implementation;
- Define test cases and acceptance procedures and criteria;
- Test and accept deliverables, in accordance with functional requirements;
- Meet and collaborate with business representatives, solution architects and developers;
- Understand and learn the business aspects that are unique to the Agency, and also to communicate the constraints of IT (within budget) to the users;
- Use the Agency’s requirements management tool and work within the Agency’s project management methodology.
The key person should have:
- At minimum Bachelor.
- Excellent knowledge of functional analysis methods and technique;
- Proven experience in testing solutions and systems: writing test cases and testing;
- Experience in writing functional specifications;
- Professional experience in performing functional analysis & functional specs for IT change requests (web, software, infrastructure and security).
- Minimum 4 years (Standard level) of professional experience in a role as or similar to IT functional analyst.
- English at level C1 or equivalent.
Other competences and skills:
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills: ability to constructively challenge assumptions, identify key issues and escalate as appropriate;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to see the overall picture;
- Very good writing and presentation skills;
- Very good time-management and organisational skills;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in team, through a methodological approach;
- Ability to cope with changing technologies and environments;
- Ability to integrate in existing multicultural teams;
- Up-to-date with the latest analysis tools and techniques;
- Integrity & Professionalism.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies