Full Stack Developer - Java-based web applications (EU Commission)
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission's science and knowledge service which employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to EU policy. As subcontractor, Serco Italia S.p.A. is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer - Java-based web applications (EU Commission) to join our great team in Ispra (VA)!
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in this new job opportunity!
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
As Full Stack Developer - Java-based web applications (EU Commission) you will be responsible for:
- The Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit (JRC.I.5) has the task to act as a centre of ICT competence supporting the operational activities of the JRC.
- The unit develops and implements the JRC ICT policy and provides a reliable, efficient and secure ICT infrastructure for the whole JRC in line with the Commission ICT strategy.
- Furthermore, the Unit supports and coordinates the implementation of corporate information systems.
- The Information Systems part of the Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit is organized in four areas – Work Programme and Knowledge Management applications – Resource & Logistics applications – Financial & Geel site specific applications – Seville site applications – Data warehouse & reporting.
- This set of corporate applications should be maintained, adapted, and supported following user requirements and technical evolution.
- New developments or improvements on existing applications are requested by JRC stakeholders.
- The Technical Annex concerns the support and maintenance of corporate information systems and the analysis, creation and implementation of new requirements in collaboration with the different JRC System Owners.
WORK TO BE DONE
- The service being requested aims at the evolution of the JRC Corporate Information Systems in close collaboration with the respective System Owners under the coordination and supervision of the JRC Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- Full-stack Developer, with experience in the design and development of multi-tier Java-based web applications.
- In addition to the knowledge and skills implied by the profile, he/she will have an in-depth working knowledge of:
- 1) at least one modern front-end framework (preferably Angular);
- 2) of the Java Persistence API (JPA);
- 3) of the Spring Framework.
- The candidate will need to have working experience in JEE and micro-service architectures.
- Working experience on data modelling and physical database design will be an advantage.
- Workplace onsite, a minimum of 4 years of technical expertise
- The working language is English. As the team is located in Ispra, Italian would be an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies