Flight Dynamics Engineer (AELOUS)
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
If you are passionate about Flight Dynamics, Orbital Mechanics this role is exactly for you. We are looking forward to welcoming you!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Flight Dynamics Engineer based at ESOC.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for generating manoeuvre commands for Earth Observation satellites on a routine basis. Within your main responsibilities to make sure those commands are correctly written and executed the following are the key tasks:
- Command Generation
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Generation of task related command parameters
- Generation of task related reports
- Flight Dynamics system development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements or any other elements into the operational platform
- Set-up procedures
- System configuration
- Participation in tests
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience.
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply the knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++
- Take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Earth Observation satellite orbital mechanics
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies