Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
As Finance Analyst at Serco you’ll be responsible for:
- Run effectively with the team the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
- Participate to the completeness of statutory and regulatory financial requirements and ensure the appropriate level of awareness.
- Contribute to the monthly closing processes at country level and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Teamwork to prepare the reporting required by group, division and management (flash report, Narratives, Interco reconciliation, closing load files, reconciliation, cash flow and analysis, tax pack).
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns. Contacts with administration.
- Statutory accounts preparation according to Belgium GAAP and timing.
- Support for appropriate financial accounting policies and controls are in place and take responsibility for ensuring successful internal and external audit outcomes.
- Review of financial processes and controls in order to improve compliance and efficiency.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations according to group requirements.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
You are …
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferable or similar by experience.
- A first experience in a similar function for an international company.
- Belgium GAAP knowledge, IFRS exposure is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus
- Fluent in French and advanced level in English
- Demonstrate high adaptability and entrepreneurship.
- Proven track record in building positive relationships.
- Delivery focused – ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to analyse business processes and propose improvements.
- Strong PC skills, agile in Excel
- Evidence of experience in working in a changing environment.
- Is able to work in a structured and methodical manner, deadline driven.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies