2021 a Year for New and Exciting opportunities.
We are SERCO and we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our enthusiastic and dynamic Team, located in Noordwijk.
Are you the highly motivated, Innovative and Resilient Financial Manager that we are searching for at Serco ??
Are you excited by the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated new Management Team, building a great future within a long established Global FTSE250 organisation.
If you answer YES to the above then we certainly would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail.
Discover more about this exciting opportunity opportunity below :)
By joining Serco, you will be part of Company, where not only is the nature of the work we do important, but where everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
The key purpose of the Finance Manager role is to support Serco business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth. You will be responsible for providing dedicated, commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, to win good business and improve shareholder value. You will work with a portfolio of contracts and will challenge assumptions, influence decisions and make recommendations for efficiency improvements in order to sustain growth.
Additionally, you will act as a trusted point of contact for business leaders, transforming financial and non-financial information into insight which influences decision making to improve the financial performance of Serco’s services.
You won’t do this alone however; you’ll work closely with our passionate team, all of whom live our values of Care, Trust, innovation and Pride.
You will focus on:
- Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
- Understand the customer landscape and their numerous, complex drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and compliance of financial records
- Run effectively the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
- Responsible to deliver statutory and regulatory financial requirements.
- Ensure adequate financial controls support the end to end business processes
- Manage the monthly closing processes at country level and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Take responsibility for ensuring successful external audit outcomes.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed according to Corporate requirements.
- Ensure all balance sheet risks and opportunities are known.
- Review and interpret monthly country performance, including risk and opportunity. Identify corrective actions.
- Develop accurate & actionable business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Review month end results and provide insightful commentary.
- Support the bidding process in providing financial insights and taking accountability for the bid financial evaluation and the risk assessment. Ensure the existence of a risk mitigation plan.
- Implement new or improvement of existing financial systems.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Develop customer relationships to successfully contribute to commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks. Monitors and drives the implementation of resulting actions.
- Develop, communicate, and defend the accounting treatment of advanced accounting papers to leadership and auditors.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Master degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar function for an international company.
- Strong accounting and FP&A Background
- IFRS knowledge.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- IT literate and very hands-on
- High academic achievement throughout education.
- Commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with peer and senior decision makers.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner
What do we have to offer?
• An international and positive working atmosphere
• A competitive benefit package
• Training and development scheme
• An interesting bonus scheme is part of this challenging position
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies