At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager, based in Brussels.
· Run effectively the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
·To be the custodian of statutory and regulatory financial requirements and ensure the appropriate level of awareness in all areas of the country.
· Manage the monthly closing processes at country and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
· Ensure appropriate financial accounting policies and controls are in place and take responsibility for ensuring successful external audit outcomes.
· Support the review of financial processes and controls in order to improve compliance and efficiency.
· Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed according to Corporate requirements.
· Ensuring all balance sheet risks and opportunities are known.
· Review and interpret monthly country performance, including risk and opportunity. Identify corrective actions.
· Develop actionable business plans, budgets and forecasts.
· Review month end results and provide insightful commentary.
· Support the bidding process in providing financial insights and taking accountability for the bid financial evaluation and the risk assessment. Ensure the existence of a risk mitigation plan.
· Implement new or improvement of existing financial systems.
The Ideal Candidate
· Master degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant discipline.
· At least 5 years experience in a similar function for an international company preferably in the service sector.
· Strong accounting and FP&A Background
· IFRS and Belgium GAAP knowledge. Good understanding of Belgium corporate tax requirements
· Fluent in French/Dutch & English
· High academic achievement throughout education.
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge
· Demonstrate high cognitive ability through high academic achievement.
· Excellent and confident communicator with a proven track record in building positive relationships.
· Excellent commercial acumen.
· Drives change and identifies ways to improve the business. Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working.
· A high degree of integrity, personal self-discipline and a strong work ethics with a flexible approach to the job, being prepared to challenge the norms and capable of using own initiative.
· Delivery focussed – ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies