Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in the Netherlands and Spain, we are currently looking for a Finance Manager.
The key purpose of the Finance Manager (FM) role is to support Serco business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth. The FM is responsible for providing dedicated, commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, to win good business and improve shareholder value. The Finance Manager will work with a portfolio of contracts and will challenge assumptions, influence decisions and make recommendations for efficiency improvements in order to sustain growth.
Additionally, Finance Manager will act as a trusted point of contact for business leaders, transforming financial and non-financial information into insight which influences decision making to improve the financial performance of Serco’s services.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
- Understand the customer landscape and their numerous, complex drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and compliance of financial records produced in house or at a later stage by a centralized team.
- Until possible transfer to a centralized team:
- Run effectively the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
- Responsible to deliver statutory and regulatory financial requirements.
- Manage the monthly closing processes at country level and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Take responsibility for ensuring successful external audit outcomes.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed according to Corporate requirements.
- Ensure all balance sheet risks and opportunities are known.
- Review and interpret monthly country performance, including risk and opportunity. Identify corrective actions.
- Develop accurate & actionable business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Review month end results and provide insightful commentary.
- Support the bidding process in providing financial insights and taking accountability for the bid financial evaluation and the risk assessment. Ensure the existence of a risk mitigation plan.
- Implement new or improvement of existing financial systems.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Develop customer relationships to successfully contribute to commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks. Monitors and drives the implementation of resulting actions.
- Develop, communicate, and defend the accounting treatment of advanced accounting papers to leadership and auditors.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Master degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar function for an international company.
- Strong accounting and FP&A Background
- IFRS knowledge.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- High academic achievement throughout education.
- Commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with peer and senior decision makers.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Translate business requirements into open, honest and transparent insight to solve business challenges.
- Ability to interpret and deal with incomplete data; and the capability to exercise judgement where there is ambiguity
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with peer and senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of building trust with a team; allowing direct conversations and not sanitising messages.
- Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Nederland BV, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies