Financial Menager - Fluent in Dutch & English-
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant
- Support all colleagues in the delivery of services under our contract with the European Space Agency, providing financial insight and advice as required.
- Participate in the completion of all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Support on implementing change, be prepared to challenge, and adapt the approach where required.
Compliance, Internal Control & Risk Management
- Maintain a high standard of accounting, tax and reporting by developing and growing a culture of good governance and strong internal control.
- Participate in the preparation of all internal and external reporting, including Group reporting and external statutory accounts.
- Help develop a culture of risk management. Identify, highlight, manage and (when necessary) escalate risk issues to ensure mitigation and resolution.
- Support compliance and governance into the day to day activities of the business unit. Accountable for monthly/quarterly/annual financial closing, reporting and compliance activity.
- Establish and build strong positive relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively seek and build relationships with Finance colleagues across the Serco network
- Support the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
- Assist in the management of the monthly closing processes and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of the books of account, ensuring all ledger postings are timely, accurate, and have adequate support.
- Liaise with finance counterparts throughout Europe in the reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations according to corporate requirements, ensuring that all potential areas of concern are properly understood and communicated to management.
- Participate in business improvement projects as necessary, providing insights. Develop, implement and communicate new ways of working throughout the team
- Support internal and external stakeholders by providing ad-hoc information as and when required.
- Provide financial assistance to the operations team in the completion of customer reporting, including analysis and reconciliation and of mission cost reports.
- Implement new or improvement of existing financial systems.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant discipline.
- Experience in a similar function for an international company preferably in the service sector.
- Hands on experience of accounting activities (reconciliations, bookkeeping etc)
- Practical experience of the use of accounting systems (ideally SUN)
- IFRS knowledge. Understanding of Dutch corporate tax and VAT requirements
- Fluent in Dutch & English
Essential Thecnical and Professional Skills:
- Demonstrate high cognitive ability through high academic achievement.
- Excellent and confident communicator with a proven track record in building positive relationships.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Drives change and identifies ways to improve the business. Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working.
- A high degree of integrity, personal self-discipline and a strong work ethics with a flexible approach to the job, being prepared to challenge the norms and capable of using own initiative.
- Delivery focussed – ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies