Finance Business Partner
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Finance Business Partner, to reinforce the team in our Noordwijk office!
- Partner with the Finance Manager, the country General Manager and contract managers in order to support all financial planning and analysis activities including those related to bids.
- Aid Serco business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth.
- Contribute to the definition, execution and follow up of the short and long term business plans for The Netherlands and Spain.
- Providing dedicated, commercial, and financial decision support.
- Establish and build strong positive relationship with all stakeholders within the country.
- Proactively seek and build relationships with Finance colleagues across the Serco network.
- Build strong collaborative and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The role supports a portfolio (single or group of contracts/services) and is located at or geographically close to the business reporting into the Finance Manager Netherland and Spain. The role will have a strong relationship with the relevant Contract Directors or Managers / Service Commissioners for their portfolio.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
- Understand the customer landscape and their numerous, complex drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the budgets, business financial plans and forecasts that are produced by the business.
- Accountable for the monthly revenue recognition, customer invoicing and aged debt analysis (billed/unbilled).
- Accountable for monthly cash reporting and analysis.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Provide challenge and decision support for new business,.
- Develop customer relationships to successfully contribute to commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks and opportunities. Monitors and drives the implementation of resulting actions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders through the sharing of knowledge and collaboration.
- Champion working as part of a virtual team with the business and group Finance to embed and sustain the Finance Operating Model
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in business, Economics, Accounting, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 6 years experience in a similar function for an international company preferably in the service sector.
- Strong FP&A Background
- Fluent in English - Dutch is strong plus
Essential technical, professional skills, knowledge and essential experiences
- Understanding of Serco’s strategy, commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the business within their scope of responsibility.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with peer and senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of having worked successfully in a virtual team.
- Demonstrates diligence, integrity and personal gravitas.
- Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Excellent Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies