Expert in DevSecOps
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Expert in DevSecOps for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Expert in DevSecOps you will be responsible for:
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery.
- The service provider will have to Implement build plans for JEE and Angular projects in a continuous integration tool (Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab).
- Implement deployment automation, infrastructure monitoring/alerting system.
- Support and advice development teams at EC willing to adopt DevOps practices.
- Document and provide training on the procedures in place.
- Enhance automation level.
- Prepare the future container based and cloud based pipelines.
- Defining and implements the overall test approach, determining whether test phases will be automated and selecting and implementing appropriate test tools.
- Producing the overall test delivery plan defining the business and IT test deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities.
- Defining roles and responsibilities for the test team including specific responsibility for production of all test deliverables.
- Deploying and managing resources for testing.
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement.
- Monitoring and reporting the status and progress of each test phase to different stakeholders and to agreed standards.
- Owning and resolving issues around the technical solution delivered into the business test environment.
- Ensuring effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery.
- Working within the overall project or programme governance defined by the Project /Programme Manager and contributing to formal project reviews at appropriate points in theproject lifecycle.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree of 5 years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Design, develop and maintain business features as Java micro/macro-services.
- Design, implement integration patterns in a JEE/HTTP secured ecosystem.
- Apply best practices of distributed architecture to solve complex integration problems between information systems and K8s microservices.
- Design, implement and document business events to be produced on a corporate eventstreaming platform (Kafka) and consumed by any system from EC.
- Configure the lifecycle of the microservices in a container based infrastructure.
- Define and configure monitoring dashboards.
- Define and configure the alerting policies for the operation team.
- Assist the operation team to solve production issues linked to the developed services.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission,candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write English C1 , French B2 will be an advantage;
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT B3.001 contain personal and confidential data
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE EXPECTED
- In depth knowledge of application architecture, in particular cloud-based and related concepts
- Experience in software development and Information System integration architecture design and patterns, in multi-platform and multi-architectural context
- Good understanding of relevant technologies in development, integration, deployment, and operation of Information Systems
- Good understanding software engineering challenges, in particular interoperability and security considerations
- Experience in projects undertaking integration of solutions and components in a multi-platform landscape (in-house / COTS as well as open source, on premises / cloud)
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline and DevSecOps
- Strong experience with tools as Apache Kafka, API Gateway (any), Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with ELK stack, Splunk
- Experience with API Gateway (WSO2 API Manager and Analytics)
- Experience with standards/APIs: REST, SOAP, JSON, Swagger, XSD, JAX-WS
- Experience with event-driven programming
- Experience with Java EE 8 technologies (JEE platform, Java API, JSF, JMS)
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Agile methodologies
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies